Friday, August 24, 2007

friday night football ... almost



i was SO excited about the first high school football game of the year. shooting games takes me back to the days i was in the grand haven high school marching band. games were not merely games, they were events. everyone was there, and its nice to see that tradition still lives on - and i still like being a part of that ... but tonight, mother nature had other plans than football. with 15 minutes until kickoff she unleashed one hell of a thunderstorm. heading back to my car, i turned around to get this shot of people doing the exact same thing i was doing - running for cover. strong wind just about pushed me over as i took the photo - and i could feel the horizontal rain pounding my entire back side. it was a creepy feeling. the game was eventually canceled because of lighting. what a show - i left without a single dry piece of clothing ... not even my boxers!

No comments: