Tuesday, February 19, 2008

purdy pitchur


funny. i call myself a photographer. my job title is "chief photographer." when i call to set up appointments for the staffers i say "my name is bryan bosch, one of the 'photographers' at the evening news." yet i take so very few pictures. i manage the department, which isn't as glamorous, and too complicated to explain every time i introduce myself ... so i just say "i'm a photographer." i wouldn't change my job, its important, nor do i mean to complain. having the job i do means i enjoy weekends off. i enjoy being home with my family in the evenings. i enjoy looking at the great work that surrounds me. when i DO get the change to go out and shoot an assignment i usually try to find something personally rewarding ... even if its a just a pretty snow scene on the drive back from the assignment.

3 comments:

Keith King said...

this post really gets me thinking Bryan about how simple our jobs can be, yet so complex at the same time. I've realized how important it is to block out that extraneous bs sometimes and just simplify things to an idea and a shutter click.
On a side note- I want to express my appreciation to be a link on your blog. However, I've developed a new appreciation as I notice I'm exactly one stop below the Dayton Road Brewing link !

Dana Rieber said...

Hey Bryan! I just wanted to let you know that I truly appreciate the standards to which you perform your job. You always stood up for me when I interned for you, as well as for good photography in general. You are one of a kind, my friend : )

brYan said...

K dazzle ... take no offense as the link order is alphabetical (on purpose) as to take away any favoritism or hierarchy. where you (or any of you) appear in my links list reflects not your importance to me. :) i love you all equally (awe) - there is, however, always beer at the DRB ... who can trump that!?